Mtl map necklace
Handcrafted in sterling silver coated with rhodium or 18k gold vermeil; our unique Montreal shaped map is nestled between a delicate adjustable cable chain. Wear right between your collarbone or slightly lower, the choice is yours. A timeless design you can wear every day, alone or layered. Feel connected to your beloved city.
- Engraved at the back: I 🖤 mtl /whatnotz
18k Gold Vermeil / .925 sterling silver with rhodium finish
Polish - high shine finish
Pendant: h 5/8" x w 1 1/8"
Cable chain 18"- 16"
Made with love, worn with pride!
Our jewelry is handcrafted with care using only precious metals. Each piece is hand finished which makes them unique. We produce in small batches and color may differ at times.
How do you pronounce that!? We've got you: ver - may. Not to be confused with regular gold plating, vermeil is a much thicker layer. We at whatnotz.com use 18k gold layered on sterling silver with a minimum of 2.5 microns. With good care your jewelry should last a very long time. Please note that with wear, the layer of gold will eventually wear off and expose the sterling silver underneath. Varying from 6 months to a couple of years depending on skin type and wear. After some time, you can take it to a good jeweller in your area and have it re-plated. We do not offer this service at this time.
Pssst! We've tried and tested many times our jewellery with sweat, water and our beautiful ocean in Barbados and the pieces have not tarnished, in case you were worried. As we know also many of you don't like taking your pieces off when going to the beach and sleeping. However, please know this is at your own risk and a change in color and wear and tear will not warrant an exchange. Over time your pieces will change color, which is totally normal process of gold vermeil.
- Sweat and water, no thank you. Before exercising or showering, remove your vermeil jewelry, it only takes a minute. From time to time, clean your piece by buffing gently with a soft dry cloth to remove dust, dirt and oils that it has acquired from wearing them daily. Please also remove your jewelry while sleeping, as it puts unnecessary strain on it.
- To preserve its plating properties avoid contact with cleaning agents, beauty products, oils, and chemicals. Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on while getting dress and ready. Additionally when you are rotating your jewelry pieces and won't be wearing it for a while, we strongly suggest to wash your jewelry with lukewarm water and a mild soap, make sure it is completely dry and store in an air tight plastic pouch. One is always provided when you purchase a whatnotz piece.
We use only .925 Sterling Silver for all our jewelry as well as recycled sterling silver in an effort to become more sustainable. Same quality ~less harm to our planet. We plate our Silver in rhodium, which gives it extra shine and durability. Rhodium is one of the costliest precious metals due to its rarity and also makes it hypoallergenic.
- Avoid water when wearing your piece, because over time the sterling silver will oxidize.
- However, the oils in your skin help keep sterling silver from oxidizing faster. So, wear often, and keep your piece in your Whatnotz pouch to keep oxygen at bay.
For people of Barbados ONLY we offer a change of cord, whether your cord looks a little worn out or you simply want to change the color, a small fee incurs. Please contact us: email@example.com